Before I start blogging about our house as it is now, I thought it would be a good idea if I filled you in about the state of affairs before I came into the picture...
Four years ago, single Bob decided it was a good time to invest in a house even though he always imagined picking out his first house with a wife. He contacted a realtor, and set a date to look at five houses. In true Bob fashion, he made an offer that day on the fourth house he looked at. One year later, he found me, and nine months later I moved in. Since then we have been busy making it our home.
The house has had more than 6 owners since 1953, and it's pretty evident that every owner took a stab at a DIY project here and there (not all successful). Over the last couple of years, my main goals have been to correct those issues, erase the 1980's updates, and decorate it to suit our personalities.With every passing weekend something else gets checked off the list!
I started with a few coats of paint, adding some color over the various shades of beige throughout. Then I moved onto bigger projects, like stripping the orange tinted stain off of the staircase. It is the biggest project I have ever undertaken to date, but it was 100% worth it! Everyday I admire my handy-work and am proud of myself for a job well done!
There are plenty more tasks to be checked off that list, and as I work through them I will be sure to blog about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment